Having trouble viewing? See online version here.
Star News - April 2011
Quarterly Update - April 2011  
Star Domestic Joint Restraints

Check out our New Domestic Joint Restraint Ad in the May edition of Water & Waste Digest. Then come see us at this year's AWWA Convention in Washington D.C. (Booth #2321) where you can learn more about our domestic products.

 
 

Star Production
 

 

  Star Domestic Fittings Waiting to be cement lined
 

Star Domestic fittings lined up to be cement-lined (above)

 

 
 

Drilling the flange face on the HMC (Horizontal Machining Center) with CNC controls (above)

   
Star Results - Customer Survey 2010
 
 

Thanks to everyone who participated in the 2010 Customer Satisfaction Survey. The results are in and are pleased to announce that 92.64% of you are satisfied with either a "Good" or "Excellent" customer service rating. And for the other 7.36%... we hear you and actions will be made to improve where needed. Thank you again for taking the time.

Star Service Awards
  10-Year Service Awards (receive an engraved glass star):

Arun Kankani – Purchasing
Manoj Rathi – Purchasing
Moises Garcia – Houston DC
Susan Schepps – Plant Sales
Ramon Prado – Sales Operations
Shaun Smith – Outside Sales
John Lemoine – Outside Sales
John Ristine – Outside Sales
Scott Reid – Corona

15-Year Service Awards (receive an engraved Movado crystal clock):

Alice Holley – Accounting
Jade Komolaputr – Engineering
Juan Andres – Houston DC

20-Year Service Awards (receive an engraved gold watch):

Kiran Bhutada – Accounting
Vijay Pallod - Accounting

President's Awards (receive a plaque and $500):

Juan Carreno
Natalie Duran-Ariz
Rosa De La Fuente
Valente Perez
Elmer Hernandez
Alan Keefe

 
Star Achievements
  The Houston RDC went 81,760 man hours without a lost time accident.
   
  The Salt Lake City RDC went the entire year of 2010 without one shipping error. Way to go, Salt Lake City!
Star Producers Club Winners
  Star Producers Club Winners 2010

 

  Congratulations to the 2011 Star Producers Club Winners: Raymond Paraschuk (head of the table) and Chuck Carrigan (last one on right) -- the other three guys (Shawn Smith, Mike Berry & Neil McGillivray) just took all the credit.

 

Star Babies!
 
  • Calvin Jones, Richmond DC Manager, is proud to inform us that he has been blessed with his 2nd grandchild on 12-31-10 @ 12:02 a.m. His daughter, Cydney Jones, gave birth to a baby boy and named him Zi'an Noel Jones.

  • Puneet Bhambani, Computer Support Technician in our Houston office and his wife, Megha, Staff Accountant in Houston as well. Expecting their second son, a baby girl arrived on March 8 weighing 7lbs, 8.9 ounces and 20 ¾ inches tall. Both mother and baby are doing great. A name will be decided later today after the shock has worn off. Congratulations to the Bhambhani family!

  • Rosa De La Fuente, Import Specialist in Houston, called to announce the arrival of her granddaughter. Ami DeLaFuente, a former Star Pipe employee who is also Rosa's daughter welcomed her second daughter March 10th at 8:15 AM. She is 7.7 lbs and 21 inches long.

  • Danielle Allen, Customer Service Representative in Houston, welcomed her second son March 24th at 10:14 AM. Ryan Francis Allen weighed in at 7lbs 15oz and is 20 1/2 inches long. Momma is resting and Dad stated, "I did it! It was rough but I made it through!"

  • Jessica Fair, HR Generalist in our Houston office, and her husband, Walker, welcomed their first child March 25th at 10:05 AM. Baby girl, Sadie Fair, was born weighing 6 pounds, 1 ounce and she is 19.75 inches tall. Walker said that both mom and daughter are doing great.

 

Star News Contest!!
 


Be one of the first three (3) customers to correctly fill out the crossword puzzle below, email it back to marketing@starpipeproducts.com and you will win one of three PRIZES!

(Please check your own company policy for eligibility)

You can either print out this newsletter and scan it to marketing@starpipeproducts.com or you can download the PDF from our website by clicking here.

 

 

  Star Pipe Products
4018 Westhollow Parkway
Houston, TX 77082
www.starpipeproducts.com